In your quest to look your best and have soft skin, you might come across some pores on your skin, and you may want to get rid of them as they may you uncomfortable among other reason. It is also important for you to understand the causes of large skin pores before learning how to minimize pores. The large skin pores are caused by over-secretion of oil by the oil glands. They also form due to genetic factors, loss of the skin elasticity due to age, poor skin care routine, and overall health conditions. Due to over-secretion of oil, the expanded pores, are then filled with oil and dead cells which in turn block the pores. This often causes acne, pimples, and zits.
Steps on How to Minimize Pores
1. Ice cubes
Ice is the best to use to shrink the enlarged skin pores, and it also has a skin tightening effect. This method invigorates you and improves your skin’s appearance.
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean cloth, hold it against your skin for 10 to 20 seconds or rub the ice cubes on your skin for around the same time. Do this several times in a day.
- You could also wash your face with very cold water every morning and evening but be very careful not to overdo it as it might irritate the skin.
2. Egg whites and lemon
Egg whites are widely used and well known for toning, tightening the skin, and drawing out excess oil thus improving the condition of your oily skin. Lemons, on the other hand, are used as a home remedy for various conditions.
- Whites two egg whites
- Add half a lemon juice
- Mix and apply it on your face to dry
- Finally, rinse it off with warm water
- Re-apply a few times a week
You could also use this method on how to minimize pores on your skin:
- Whisk two egg whites
- Spread it evenly on your face and let it dry completely
- Rinse with warm water
3. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Apple cider works as a natural astringent and skin toner, therefore, tightening your skin, reducing large skin pores, and restores the skin’s pH balance. It also has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that help in treating acne breakouts.
- Mix water and apple cider vinegar in equal amounts
- Using a cotton ball, apply the mixture on the face
- Leave it on for a few minutes and rinse it off with warm water
4. Baking soda
Baking soda is a gentle exfoliating agent that gets rid of excess oil, dirt and debris from the skin. It also balances the skin’s PH levels reducing problems like acne and pimples due to its ante-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, providing an effective method on how to minimize pores.
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda and lukewarm water each.
- Apply the mixture to your skin and massage in circular motion for a couple of seconds.
- Rinse it off with cool water.
- Repeat the process daily for five to seven days and then reduce the frequency to three to five times a week for a couple of weeks few weeks.
5. Sugar and lemon scrub
Homemade sugar scrubs are of great help in reducing large skin pores. Sugar scrubs exfoliate the skin and remove excess oil and impurities.
- Mix two tablespoons of sugar and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Apply it to your skin and massage gently for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Rinse off with cool water.
You could also
- Mix two tablespoons of sugar, one tablespoon of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Rub it gently on your skin and let it sit in for 20 to 30 sec
- Rinse off with warm water
Try three methods on how to minimize pores and see what works for you better. Practicing good skin care tips will also help in a great way to get a glowing and smooth skin.