Dandruff is usually as a result of a dry scalp, or a skin condition called seborrheic dermatitis. Knowing how to get rid of dry scalp can help in preventing the occurrence of growing dandruff in your hair. Other common causes of dandruff include psoriasis, eczema, or, an overgrowth of a yeast-like fungus called Malassezia. With vast resources on how to get rid of dandruff fast, you can find home remedies for dandruff that will ensure good results.
Seven Ways on How to Get Rid of Dandruff Fast
Asprin has more uses apart from keeping the headache at bay. It’s one of the effective and simple home remedies that helps to get rid of dandruff. Pure Aspirin has a large percentage of Salicylic Acid. Salicylic acid is an active ingredient in many commercial and medicated anti-dandruff shampoos.
Crush two aspirins tablets to a fine powder and add it to the normal amount of the regular shampoo you use you wash your hair. Leave the mixture on your hair for about 1-2 minutes, and then rinse your hair well and wash again now with plain shampoo.
2) Baking soda
You’ll be surprised to learn how many home remedy ingredients your kitchen can provide. Baking soda offers a simple way to how to get rid of dandruff fast by reducing overactive fungi. It mildly exfoliates thus getting rid of the excess dead skin. Using baking soda may make your hair feel dry, but the natural oils will be soon restored.
- Wet your hair, and rub some of baking soda and rub in vigorously on your scalp. Without the use of shampoo go right ahead and rinse your hair.
- Get one cup of water and add one tablespoon of baking soda. Stir well before use. Use the mixture to wash your hair and rub on your scalp.
Mouthwash is a good home remedy for getting rid of dandruff. The anti-fungal properties in a bottle of mouthwash help prevent dandruff-causing yeast from growing.
- Wash your hair as usual with your regular shampoo and later on rinse it with an alcohol-based mouthwash.
- Get a spray bottle, mix water and a considerable amount of mouthwash. Shake well before use. After shampooing your hair, spray the mixture on your scalp and massage it gently. Let it sit for at least thirty minutes before rinsing with water.
Lemon serves as a good home remedy for different problems and offers an effective way to how to get rid of dandruff fast. The acidity in Lemon acidity helps balance your scalp’s PH, which helps keeps dandruff at bay.
Get two tablespoons of lemon juice, massage on your scalp and let it sit for a minute or two. Then mix two other tablespoons of lemon juice with water and use the solution to rinse your hair.
5) Coconut oil
Coconut oil works best in getting rid of dandruff. Its antifungal properties provide an effective way to how to get rid of dandruff naturally and fast.
- Get three to five tablespoons of coconut oil and gently massage into your scalp. Let it sit for about an hour before you finally wash it off and shampoo your hair as usual. Then rinse with water.
- You could also look for shampoo that already contains coconut oil.
6) Apple cider vinegar
You can also learn how to get rid of dandruff fast using apple cider vinegar. The acidity of apple cider vinegar changes your scalp’s the pH thus making it difficult for yeast to grow.
Get a spray bottle and mix a quarter cup of water with a quarter cup of the apple cider vinegar then spritz on your scalp. Wrap a towel around your head and let it sit for fifteen minutes to one hour before you wash your hair as usual. Doing this twice in a week will help a great deal.
7) Tea tree oil
While the excess use of oil can be the primary cause of growing dandruff, some oils, such as tea tree oil, can be used as effective home remedies to get rid of dandruff fast. Some studies have shown that shampoos with 5 percent tea tree oil improve the severity of dandruff.
- Pour one tablespoon of tea tree oil and one cup of warm water into a spray bottle and shake well before use. After shampooing your hair, spray the mixture on your scalp, massage gently and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Then, instead of washing it out, pat the excess moisture gently.
- You could also add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo and wash your hair as usual.
With these tips on how to get rid of dandruff fast, you can choose one that will work best for you. Ensure perform the steps on a regular basis to get your desired results. Some of these home remedies for growing dandruff are readily available at home.