Surprisingly, most ladies do not know how to do a fishtail braid step by step. Isn’t it awkward when you tell someone that you do not know how to do a fishtail plait or that you do not know the meaning of fishtail braid?
The fishtail braid is a better alternative to usual style with a tighter and detailed look. It is sometimes for fun, but also good for several occasions. The fishtail plait is one of the simplest hairstyle skills to master due to its simple and easy to follow steps. You need not many tools to learn how to do a french braid on yourself. Let this simple fishtail plait tutorial guide you in creating a perfect hairstyle.
READ MORE: Seven Simple Hairstyles for Busy Moms
According to Farrington, “Slightly dirty hair is easier to manipulate” this is quite an excellent tip meaning; hair that hasn’t been washed for a day (or two) will be better to braid. Another idea about braiding of hair is using different products for different types of braids.
READ MORE: How to Apply Hair Extensions at Home
Easy Tutorial on How to Do a Fishtail Braid Step by Step
- Maneuver hair and make it have a ponytail shape. If it is your first time attempting a French braid, start by securing your hair with a clear flexible comb or a hair bungee.
- Divide your ponytail shaped hair into two (2) sections of equal size.
- Isolate the half-crawl area of your hair from the outside of the left braid.
- Pull one piece of your half-crawl hair over the highest point of the left twist and over to the right pigtail. Joshua Farrington, a fashion model in his words, “Don’t twist the hair as you bring it across,”
- The next step is to separate the half-inch (half-crawl area) of your hair from the right ponytail hair on the outside.
- Repeat a part of fourth (4th) step by dragging the right ponytail over to the left ponytail hair
- Repeat the steps discussed above (steps 1-6) over and over until you run out of hair.
- The step often known as the final step is applying an elastic product or glue to secure the ends and strengthen the hair to prevent it from falling off.
READ MORE: Popular Hairstyles for Women to Try
A fishtail braid is a pure skill anyone can easily understand. Without supervision, one can quickly learn how to do a fishtail braid step by step. This can be achieved by following the simplest steps shown above. Reed Fashion Magazine has saved you the stress and possibly the resources you would have used to learn how to do a French braid on yourself.